For the GIZ-financed project "Reform of the Water Sector Programme", we are currently looking for a Team Leader with in-depth experience in organizational development of regional and national institutions in the water and sanitation sector.
The project is scheduled for 01.07.2015 – 30.06.2018 whereas the Team Leader is supposed to have an on-site input of 30 person-months.
In the context of the Zambian-German Development Cooperation the “Reform of the Water Sector Program in Zambia” (RWS) is implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Local Government and Housing (MLGH) and the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Water Development (MMEWD). The current phase will end in June 2015 and a follow up-project phase for another 3 years is currently under preparation.
The proposed objective for the follow-up project is:
“Institutional and organizational reforms of the water sector are successfully implemented.”
The project will focus on four intervention areas: (1) Urban and rural water supply and sanitation (WSS) policy and strategy, (2) Urban WSS services, (3) Rural WSS services and (4) Water Resources Management. It is complementary to interventions of KfW for infrastructure development and of BGR in the field of groundwater management.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree (preferably Master) with a technical and economic background
- Proficiency in English
- At least 15 years of working experience in the international development aid
- Experienced in leading international and national teams
- In-depth experience in Capacity Building and Capacity Development of national and regional institutions in the water sector
- Technical and economic experience in urban and rural water supply and sanitation including water resource management
- Experience in Sambia (preferably in similar projects) or in adjacent countries
- Experience with GIZ-financed projects (knowledge of Capacity Works would be an asset)
- Work with the Ministry of Local Government and Housing (MLGH), the National Water and Sanitation Council (NWASCO, Regulator), selected Commercial Utilities (CU) and Provinces and District structures
- Supporting implementation of Capacity Development-measures defined in the national Capacity Development-strategy
- Enable sector actors to more effectively implement the national programmes and strategies, access to sanitation being a special focus
- Support the new WRM-Authority and the Directorate of Water Resources (DWR)
- Coordinate national long and short term experts (STE) as well as international and regional STE, in close cooperation with the MLGH and the GIZ programme team
If you are interested in this challenging position, we look forward to receiving your application illustrating your professional and personal qualifications.
Please address your application to