For our member company GOPA-Cartermill, we are recruiting a full-time Managing Director in Belgium. As Managing Director he/she will have the overall responsibility for the company, defines the policy of the company and the overall principles, which all other operative levels have to follow. The Managing Director will report back to the General Manager of GOPA-Cartermill in Germany.
Your duties in general:
Responsible for the operative business of GOPA-Cartermill:
- directing business development, project implementation, human resources, administration, finance & quality management
- providing the necessary human, technical and organisational resources for the implementation of tasks in order to fulfil the company goals and delegation of tasks and responsibilities to other persons
More specific duties :
- Identifying market needs and developments
- Strategic organisation and coordination of proposals
- Client relationsship, lobbying and„political networking“
- Analysing team abilities in regard to the service field communication
- Developing pricing know how and innovative methodologies in EC contracts
- Technology watch and respective training and HR in regard to innovation, creativity and project management
We are looking for a manager who is creative, dependable, energetic, able to establish long-term, cooperative relationships with clients and to strongly motivate GC´s staff members. Candidates should have leadership skills as well as a strong background in large-scale communication projects and a sound understanding of modern communication practices and technologies. You will be a full-time employee of GOPA-Cartermill with a respective Belgium labour contract.
Essential characteristics (please do not apply unless you match all of these):
- Minimum four years successful communication experience in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with the structures, policies and procedures of the EU institutions
- Proven knowledge and understanding of a broad range of modern communication tools and approaches, including digital
- A strong commercial instinct
- Diplomacy and excellent people skills
- Good presentational skills
- Very good written and spoken English, and at least conversational French
- Knowledge of other EU languages
If you are interested, please send your application with a concrete idea on salary to GC´s General Manager Claudia Rechten firstname.lastname@example.org.